Half cut holiday

Not to sound panicked or anything but I am going on holiday very early Monday morning with my other half and I am woefully unprepared. So unprepared that I don't even have a suitable photo ready. We are going to Brussels for four days and I have our accommodation and flights sorted plus both passports are in date so I guess it could be worse. Usually at this point I would have half packed my suitcase, read the guide book and marked a few things I wanted to do or see and I'd have all the little niggly details sorted.

Instead I am sitting at home writing this before I head to work to my fifth shift this week and I am wondering where I can print off our boarding passes tomorrow. If you must know its not completely my fault that I am so terribly disorganised in this instance. I have actually worked an insane amount of hours this week, trust me I tried to give some away but no one wanted them and now I am a bit worn out. Really I would just like to get a few days sleep but sadly I am working tonight and all day Sunday so it mostly just gives me a lot of time to panic about how disorganised I am. 

I have two guide books which I have been carrying around since I bought them, swearing I would read them both cover to cover but when I do get a moment I find I am bored by all the history stuff so I haven't gotten as far as all the great things to do part. I Have saved all the stuff that needs to be printed and thought a little bit about what I might potentially pack when I do get around to it. Instead of doing anything useful I spent my free time today doing a crossfit class, having coffee and wandering around shops. Oh and I did contact a Belgian gym about possibly dropping in while I am on holidays so I guess its not like I have done nothing.

Maybe I will just wing it, pack last minute and explore the city when we get there but that is so unlike me it makes me a little bit nervous just thinking about it. The main thing is we are getting a well deserved break and we will be sure to enjoy it. Let's see what I make of Belgium this time around

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..