Grammar in pyjamas

As I continue my quest to learn the Irish language I might be starting to question my intelligence if not my sanity. I remember Irish being awkward and unpleasant on the ear but I certainly
Don't remember it being this damn hard. That might be because I learned it first as a child, it's a shame I seem to have forgotten so much of what was drummed into me in school. 

To give myself some credit, so far I have been sticking to my self designated plan to study a chapter every night as tedious as that might be and I'm finding my
Brain feels a little bit fried by the time I finish the exercises at the end of the chapter. I've taken to throwing on my cop show of choice ( at the moment it's south land but before that it was law and order Svu )and sitting on my
Couch in my pyjamas half watching the show while I fill my note book with all the Irish grammar and vocabulary a girl could
Want. For the record that's not very much at all.

And I can't help wishing this little pipe dream of mine required me to relearn French because I already know that would be a lot more fun. For starters I know more French than I do Irish
And I would enjoy learning the intricacies and practicing speaking it so much more. 
Plus I would get to sound very sophisticated ( speaking French makes you 8 times more sophisticated. I know this is true because I just said so) and sexy. I could watch French movies and read le monde and listen to cheesy French music and maybe drink some French wine ( to help me speak French , obviously . From what I recall From my year au pairing my French would really flow after a few drinks ) 

Unfortunately as much as I would love to improve my French again, Irish is the language I need to master. Even if It makes me sound less vixen and more old 
Woman with something caught in her throat 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..