How to cure a hangover with cups of tea

After many many days of working, I had this weekend off so myself and my boyfriend headed to Kilkenny for the day to catch a bit of the Rhythm and roots festival. Admitedly we didn't really think this one through and arrived down at lunch time to have a look in a few shops before going to the only venue (hotel Kilkenny) that was actually a bit outside the city in order to hear one of the bands. Once that was over we realized that we had a good four hours before the next one was due to start and it wasn't really worth our while hanging around so we went looking for somewhere to eat before heading home. If anyone has ever tried to eat out with me then they would know how much of a pleasure it is to find some where that I can and am willing to eat. After me turning down everywhere my boyfriend suggested we eventually agreed on an Italian place because Stephen was starving and  suffering from hungry man syndrome and I was probably only going to be able to have fries where ever we went anyway. So dinner had, we headed back to Waterford and I had decided in my mind that the fries would constitute dinner so didn't prepare more food once we got home. One of my boyfriend's friends was playing a gig in Murphy's so we said we'd get a bottle of wine to share and then head down to that for a bit. 
I probably would have gotten tipsy off a wine gum yesterday so you can only imagine the giddy state I was in after two glasses of wine and not enough food. If I'd stopped at those two then I probably wouldn't be in quite the delicate state I'm in now.

We got to the bar as the gig was well underway. A bit more mellow than other gig's I'd been to at this venue but really nice all the same. I decided to treat myself to more wine despite deciding in my head, on the walk there, that I would wait a while because I was already pretty drunk. I guess I must have forgotten this resolution upon arriving in the bar or maybe it was because lots of wine and not enough food brought silly Laura to the party.
When the gig was almost over we decided to head to the Reg and catch a bit of another band that was playing and by now I was full on drunk. As though I had consumed considerably more than 3 glasses of wine ( I hadn't) . We decided on the way down to the pub that it would be hilarious to call in and see my housemate at work. He works in one of the hotels we pass along the way but when we went in,we couldn't see him anywhere and I was mightily confused until we left and I realized we had been in the wrong hotel . Yea we really were that drunk. We also decided it would be hilarious to take our photo with the viking outside the reg, you can see the drunken glaze in my eyes above. 
Once in the bar, the band were setting up and I decided that another glass of wine was called for (it wasn't) and it all got a bit messy from then on. I got it into my head that it would be totally hilarious to go out on to the dance floor on my own and dance along side the worst dancers and copy their moves, a bit of the night I'd forgotten about until my boyfriend kindly reminded me this morning as apparently he was still laughing about it. My Friends and I used to do it regularly when we were younger and called it comedy dancing , the difference being there would have been a group of us in on the joke. Then I got into an argument with my boyfriend over nothing (or at least nothing important) and stormed off home ( I was silly kind of drunk), he followed me home. I drunkenly knocked over the mirror that I'd previously broken the frame on and managed to smash some of it and then we fought about the fact I was drunkenly hoovering up the broken glass barefoot ( he was concerned I would cut myself, probably a valid concern where I was adamant I was fine to hoover) but luckily I escaped unscathed just in time for a bit of random wine induced crying before sleep.

As you can only imagine this morning I woke with a very sick stomach and a variety of flashbacks that went from Oh God I didn't to wishing I was still some level of asleep. 
I spent the day in a fugue, I had the dumb for sure. I must have had a million cups of tea and way too much food. No one should allow a hungover  women into a supermarket, I spent a ridiculous amount of money on food because I just wanted all of the nice things. 
So I had tea and then more tea and then some food and then more tea and then we bought food and I had more food with tea and we watched some shows and had an amazing nap  ( it truly was awesome) and now I'm thrown on my couch under two blankets, still hungover, drinking tea and feeling very sorry for myself. I don't know if I can say that all the herbal tea cured my hangover ( because it sure as hell isn't gone) but it certainly helped. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..