I think I just won Sunday


I have had a very good weekend indeed. After recovering from severe princess exhaustion and having a very exciting ( read non eventful early night) Saturday evening. I was all ready to go on another adventure with my boyfriend. I swear, if it was left up to me, we would spend a lot of more of my days off lying on my sofa but he had spotted a film festival in Cork city that looked interesting so we called it a date. I had never actually driven to Cork city and I had no intention of attempting the journey any time soon because it was a bigger city and I'd never been there. Probably not the best justification for not attempting a journey but I am a woman set in my ways. However I was persuaded that it would be so much nicer than the bus ( this is true) so I rose to the occasion and agreed I would brave the journey. Plus I had heard a rumor (read an article) stating that Milanos (only my favourite pizza place) had started doing a gluten free pizza and I was very keen to investigate this further. What can I say, I do love my pizza and I had been living a very sad pizza free existence in the almost three years since I had to give up wheat. 

We set up after 11 after I did my best attempt at having a lazy Sunday morning which was sabotaged by my body clocks need to wake me before 8. And Cork is actually a really easy drive. I can't believe no one has told me this before. Why have people been keeping this from me? I found myself a lovely free parking spot on the quay, cleverly avoiding the possibly traumatic drive into the city centre. 
It seems despite the woeful weather forecast for Cork, we had managed to avoid the rain and we had a sort of half hearted browse in the shops before declaring it time for lunch. I was trying to contain my excitement at having pizza because I didn't want to build it up too much and then be horribly let down. I had tasted many the gluten free baked good before and for the most part they tasted like disappointment. 
But still Milanos do delicious pizzas so if anyone could pull it off, it would be them. By the time I saw their sign up the street, I was practically giddy with excitement. When we sat down my boyfriend spent ages deliberating over which pizza he wanted the most so I was forced to wait for my pizzay deliciousness. I prewarned him (as if he didn't already know what a weirdo I am ) that I would be eating this pizza pretty fast because I wont eat pizza once the cheese gets too cold and stringey. Thought it best to mention it in case he thought I was trying to initiate a pizza race. Days (minutes) later the pizzas came and it was so damn good. Have I mentioned I missed pizza because I did and as soon as I finished it, I wished there was more pizza. I wanted to ask for two more pizzas and have them laid facing each other one plate so I could eat a giant pizza sandwich. I deserve some credit for deciding not to go ahead with this.

Pizza devoured, I was a very happy camper indeed. I then treated myself to some Marks and Spencers berries and a tiny om bar (chocolate made with coconut sugar) for the cinema and we set off trying to find this place. The cinema was in Triskell arts centre and it was set in a building that used to be a church as you can see from the photos above. It looked awesome and we even got to sit in pews, this was pretty cool but not really the most comfortable seats to watch a movie from. I will admit I didn't actually pick the film. I let my boyfriend do that. I was more concerned about the time it would be on and when I would be getting my pizza. So I didn't actually read the description of the movie until after. It was called torment and it was about newlyweds confronting a sadistic cult like family that had been living in their holiday home. It was well done and they knew how to set the tension, using suspense and music rather than excessive gore. So from that perspective it was a good watch but I did leave feeling creeped out and with a lot of questions about the movie which unfortunately will have to remain unanswered and that annoys me. 

We got back down home by 8pm, not too shabby. To the most miserable weather I've seen down here in a while and I was glad of our little day trip and of course the fact that I'd just won Sunday 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..