The accidental holiday

I'm not sure my few days off are entirely accidental but given that I thought I was back in work on Saturday until my hours for this week went up, I shall continue to call it that and consider it a happy accident. A few months back when I was putting in my holidays for the summer I had two days left over and I thought sure I'll book myself a weekend off and find something nice to do with it when the time comes and then promptly forgot about it. It was just a happy accident that the weekend I picked happened to fall just after my two days off. Plus its a bank holiday weekend so it was like all the wins all together. Last summer I think I used all my holiday days hanging around Clonmel and going to the gym but even if that was how I wanted to spend my days off, I'm pretty sure my partner in crime (boyfriend) would take issue with it. As it happens I was planning on going home Thursday and Friday anyway so it works out like a happy little compromise, I can pop home and do a few classes in the gym and then head back here on Saturday for other funsies. Now the only problem will be making my money last so I can make the most of the next few days.

So I will be heading home tomorrow morning. I was supposed to head down tonight but I couldn't summon the energy so I've agreed to a night in on the couch and I'll head down first thing and stay in the Mel (clonmel) until Saturday morning which gives me plenty of time to work out and hang out with the nieces plus I'll be trying to not spend any money. Then Saturday, myself and Stephen are planning a little day trip to Kilkenny city. We've been down a good few times since we started going out and it's a nice little spot plus the Kilkenny cat laughs comedy festival is on this weekend and this year I'm hoping to go to something.I have my sights set on Glenn wool's gig ( he's insane but hilarious ) and hopefully there will still be tickets to be had by the time my wages go in tomorrow morning. 

Then on Sunday we're thinking of going to Inishtoige. I only have a vague notion of where it is. So I know its in county Kilkenny and I've seen some photos of the village which looks sort of familiar so there's a chance I've been there before. I'm not sure that's going to help me find the place so it will be google maps all the way. They have a mini festival thing on Sunday which sounds cool and I only found it by accident when I was checking to see if there was anything on this weekend. They will have a big slide, bungee run, rodeo bull, climbing wall, velcro wall, a vintage boutique and a toy emporium plus loads of food stalls. If the weather's nice it could make for a nice little day trip.

That only leaves me Bank holiday Monday to worry about and by then I'll probably have run out of money so it wont really matter if I think of anything worth doing. Maybe it will just be getting out and enjoying some of this alleged good weather I've been hearing so much about. I could do with a bit of that. It might be an accidental holiday but that doesn't mean I wont make the most of it 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..