Officially in a holiday mood

With two days of work to go I am positively bubbling with pre holiday excitement. This sudden onset of excitement was possibly brought on by discovering today that my time off work will be extended because I had the good fortune to book my weekend in Edinburgh on my weekend off. Naturally seeing as I booked this back in January, I had no idea it would pan out this way but I'm very excited all the same. So I'm off to Edinburgh at ridiculous o'clock on Thursday morning. I think our flight leaves around 6.30 am. We will see all the tourist things and eat all of the food Edinburgh has to offer so much fun will be had and then I get back to Waterford on Monday but not back in work till the Saturday (19th) just in time to host a gruffalo party. I'm almost as excited about my days off down here because first of all I wont be working and then to top that off I can go to Clonmel to train like a mofo and get myself all fit again. I have already conceded I'll come back up Thursday evening and possibly go see a play in Dungarvan cinema ( they are doing a pretty decent looking National Theatre live Production) and then sneak back down to Clonmel for more classes because Stephen will be working all day Friday. It is going to be awesome and then great. 

Once I stopped being all kinds of  excited about all the great things I will be doing in time off, I started to rally myself into holiday mode and start taking care of important tasks like the books I will need for reading when I get back from Edinburgh. I have already conceded that I will only bring one book over with me and then I can buy books there if I need another. It is however indisputable that I will need books when I get back and I have no intention of dragging myself into work when I don't need to. Once that was tackled I started dealing with work related stuff like organising the gruffalo party and ordering things we will definitely run out of. The bad news is over the next two days I might  be a tiny bit stressed but on the bright side I will be busier than a bee in the summer ( I imagine winters pretty quiet for bees) so the two days will fly. 

Tomorrow is the night I've dedicated to packing. It's going to be like  a military operation only with clothes everywhere and I've even invested in a suitcase scales to ensure I don't go completely overboard. In the run up to my few days away, I've been doing my best to eat healthy and try not to worry too much about falling completely off the wagon while I'm away. I've been making super healthy omelettes for breakfast and having berries with yogurt and a yummy salad that takes a ridiculous amount of time to make in work and if it wasn't for my almond butter addiction sneaking back in I'd probably be congratulating myself somewhat. I am hoping that I can get through my holiday sugar free and If I can do that then the rest is negotiable. Never mind all of that, have I told you yet that I'm excited

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..