semi professional blogger

I appreciate the blog title is a bit of a misnomer given that there's nothing even remotely professional about my writing, I am as amateur as they come. However upon reviewing my future career options I have decided that it would be most convenient if I could somehow make money from blogging. Not just because I am lazy and would like the idea of being paid for something I am already doing like being Laura or being sarcastic ( which practically the same thing) even though that does hold it's appeal. I'm just not sure there's really a market for sarcastic whiny blogs or at least not one where it could generate money.

I was recently treated to another parental pep talk on my last visit home, these are becoming rather more frequent but I shouldn't be surprised given my propensity to arrive at my parents house in dismal humour lamenting the fact that my life has so little direction that I might as well be a wind vane. Naturally I don't use expressions like that when I'm home giving out about it. It's funny how an announcement that I am going to head into town seems to be a natural opening for my mum to ask me what I am doing long term yet my dad just looks for opportunities to tell me about how beneficial it would be to meditate. He's very enthusiastic on the topic and even though I have actually committed to a trial run with meditation app 'headspace', I am somewhat certain that I will still be in the same position I am now only less anxious about my circumstances. 

So it was during one of these post pep talk head scratching moments where I started to ponder what I might actually like to do with myself now that I have abandoned primary teaching as an option. I know I never came out and said it in my blog but the learning Irish didn't really work out. I tried it for about six weeks and found myself feeling that I knew less by the end of the teach yourself book and I am certain that's not how it's supposed to go but I can tell you for nothing that I am not going to be capable of redoing my leaving certificate in Irish any time soon. So it is back to the drawing board and a whole lot of wishing this was something the book of answers could deal with for me. 

Naturally doing something creative would be great. I like being creative sure haven't I been writing poetry since I was 16 (woefully bad poetry but still) and I love the thought of writing for a living but I don't think I really have that elusive book in me unless its deeply hidden. I do however greatly enjoy writing this blog and I have been lead to believe that at least a handful of people enjoy reading it. I don't know how you go about making money from this sort of thing. I don't know how to blog about anything other than my own limited world and I am sure this means I am unlikely to rolling around in bank notes any time soon. Oh well It's good to have something to dream about while I'm busy making better plans

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..