Sightseeing is for other people


On day 3 of our holiday the plan was to do a small bit of sight seeing followed by some shopping and then we both woke with sock mouth ( from our night out ) and sight seeing took a pass in favour of shopping. I had managed to keep some money so I thought I'd come away with all of the clothes but I hadn't really factored in all the sales meaning most of the shops were filled with the crap no one wants to buy and I was too ugh to really go bargain hunting. I'd had four vodkas with soda water the night before so really I should have been fine so my hangover was a bit of a mystery. Stephen , however, had discovered the dubious pleasure of large glasses of wine and had very much enjoyed them until he woke yesterday morning smelling like a man who had all the wine. I abandoned shopping ( once we'd hit the end of princes st) and had come away with two tshirts, a vest and a nice pair of 3/4 length running pants and that was all. Stephen got a blazer he couldn't really afford ( those large glasses of wine don't buy themselves ) and it was a really nice, well fitting blazer that he did need but that didn't change the fact he couldn't afford it. by this stage I was tired and hungry and it felt like nap o clock but we went looking for somewhere to lunch. I had a place in mind but I didn't like the menu and then we tried another place across from that but i didn't want a salad and kept going in this manner until we agreed on a restaurant. Sadly it wasn't a great restaurant. I got risotto and fries and consequently discoved that I really don't like risotto, it didn't leave a nice taste in my mouth plus all the cream was making my nose run like crazy and the Chips were only okay so we finished up quickly and studiously avoided eye contact with our servers. After that I was feeling a little less wiped so we went around the corner to a tea room I had spotted earlier and had some of the nicest tea I've ever tasted. Stephen got a rooibos mint chocolate and I had a delicious fruit flavoured one and I have to
Say I got more from that than I did from
our lunch. After we headed back to the hostel for a much needed nap before getting ready for my friends Lisa's birthday. 

by the time we were ready to go, it was bucketing rain and Jamie Oliver's on rose
Street was a bit of a trek so we splashed out on a taxi. the restaurant was beautifully laid out, in a protected building  just off the assembly rooms with huge high ceilings. I was actually looking forward to the meal which is not something I'd say often when it comes to  
Eating out. I got the superfood salad, garlic rosemary fries and a desert of strawberries with frozen yogurt and fresh mint. It was all lovely except for when I got the bottom of my salad and encountered some unfamiliar vegetable that felt unpleasant in my mouth. 

After the meal we retreated a nearby bar to have a few drinks and I was able to chat properly With Lisa's friends so it was 
All good fun. After an hour or so we moved onto a bar in the west end called ghillie  dhu bar. It was in this lovely old building and there was a really good live band playing in the downstairs bar so I was happy out. Plus it's the kind of place we'd never have thought of going to on our own so it benefits to be out with locals. We even got the band to play wagon wheel ( I love that song ) and Stephen dragged me up to dance and Lisa decided it was so cute that she tried unsuccessfully to video the whole thing. She wasnt using her phone either so her friend Natalie will wake up this morning to  
a whole load of photos of myself and Stephen and wonder how the hell that happened. It was a great night but we decided to call it quits Just before 2 and headed back to the hostel and then tonight were heading out for goodbye drinks. It's like the party that never ends 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..