The holiday slump

Tomorrow, my lovely stretch of holidays comes to an end and it is a very sad day indeed. I have successfully managed to not visit the shop or really think about it during my time away but as for 8.30 am tomorrow morning when I will be required to be leaving my apartment in uniform, it will be unavoidable. I don't wish to over excite myself by worrying about the sheer mountain of stuff that will probably await me when I walk in the doors tomorrow. Why spoil all of Saturday's fun. Not to mention that on top of trying to put some sort of order back in the place I have to prepare for a Gruffalo (you know the famous children's book. If not then shame on you) party later that afternoon and I will have to grudgingly admit that I have given little to no thought as to what sort work needs to be done in the hours before I have many (hopefully) children arriving for storytelling and more ( let's just hope I wake with my smart hat on and I won't just be winging it when the tiny excitable people arrive) 

I can't say I wasted my few days off after coming back from Edinburgh. I spent a certain portion of time missing Edinburgh and thinking of the one or two things we never got around to doing and then a lot of time recovering. Not so much from alcohol, as I was exceedingly well behaved which must mean I am officially a proper grown up now, but from all the missed out sleep and the break from my normal eating. On Tuesday I went around with my head in a complete fog and drove to Clonmel without a phone charger and almost without any shoes plus nothing to change into if the weather got nice. It did and I was very warm. I stayed down in Clonmel Tuesday and Wednesday evening and did some classes plus had the most amazing nap ( over an hour long) which was very badly needed and I think my poor liver must have been in over drive because the first two crossfit classes left me feeling really ill in a way that left me wondering if I should be doing less or more in order to make the feeling stop. It seems the answer was more because Thursday's class just left me ridiculously sweaty but at no point did I feel certain my death was imminent. 

I have also read two and a half books, to make up for my complete lack of reading in Edinburgh, I was always too tired or busy doing things so it was good to catch up and restore a sense of equilibrium. I have had tea with lots of people  and caught up on all of the sleep and realized exactly how long pulp fiction is when I went to see it at cult classics cinema ( at Theatre Royal) but still an excellent movie and I also used to this as an opportunity to discover that I definitely do not get on with popcorn. I was almost certain ( I had thought maybe it was whatever they put on cinema popcorn) but now I am completely certain, like 100%. It was both a delicious and painful lesson to learn. At least now I know and my stomach looks significantly less balloon like than it did this morning. 

I even made it home for class number 4 in a row most reluctantly this morning. Reluctant because I was tired and cranky and feeling the after effects of the popcorn but also because I was back in Waterford and it all seemed like a bit of an ordeal. Even when I was dressed in gym clothes I was reasoning with myself, trying to weasel out of it using the book of answers ( like a more complicated 8 ball in book form) but it kept throwing me answers like trust your intuition, do what you think it best and ask your mother ( I was hoping I'd eventually get an answer I'd like) and I had to concede defeat so I headed home for one last sweat fest (for this week anyway) and now that's it. Mere hours to go and I feel like a child heading back to school.
And all I'd really like is to have my holidays all over again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..