The woman's guide to packing

As I may have mentioned in a few other blog posts, I am off to Edinburgh in the small hours of Thursday morning so I assigned myself tonight to do most of my packing.
My boyfriend is also packing his suitcase tonight but I feel that for him its a very different experience. He told me earlier that he wants to have different clothing options for day and evening but he doesn't really care what they are. I can't say that soothed me because I had just up ended my wardrobe onto my bed and I was feeling a little frazzled.

My packing process went a little like this. Firstly investigating the contents of my chest of drawers and wardrobe, tidying as I go and firing anything I want to bring onto my bed. Then having a mini meltdown because I've looked everywhere and I cant find that one black skirt that goes with everything. Calming down and finding that skirt in a place I have already looked twice. Then comes the elimination process, it's like an awful game show where the clothes audition for a chance to feature in my suitcase. Really the elimination phase consists of me trying on a top or bottom and seeing how versatile it is and then being honest with myself about how I look. It's probably the hardest part of the process. I am pleased to say I managed to whittle it down quite a bit by doing this and plenty of items got relegated to drawers upon being rejected. 

I have already bought all of the miniature toiletries, like I need an excuse to buy tiny bottles so I've packed all of those so now the only thing left is the stuff I'll need to use tomorrow. I was planning on seeing how I fared in the weight department because my suitcase looks pretty neat but I'm only allowed 15kg and I'll be damned if I know what that feels like just by picking it up. Unfortunately I had failed to notice my super duper new luggage scales does not come equipped with the batteries it needs to work so I'll have to get some tomorrow. All going well I wont need to bring anything but my handbag as carry on and then I'll be able to throw a small bag in the suitcase in case I buy things while I'm there, yay. So now all that's left is relaxing time but after a night of running around, I'm only fit for bed   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..