We should have brought better shoes, The holiday continues


This morning I'm lying in bed and my feet are still throbbing from yesterday's walking, I also have the distinct taste of sock in my mouth. I'm guessing that would be the vodka.

Yesterday we were up for another day of adventuring and we had also planned to meet up with the two girls I had moved over here With four years ago. Obviously they had stayed here and it seemed to be working out well for them. 
we had many plans for the day but I think we had the tendency to be a bit over ambitious in the planning stages. 
Anyway after we went out for breakfast we headed up to camera obscura, one of the tourist attractions I had heard many great things about. it's several floors of optical illusions plus a panoramic view of Edinburgh city. It was probably one of my 
favourite things from the trip ( well so far)
There were things to play with on every floor and all number of optical illusions and it was just really good fun. There might be actually something to this tourist lark but we won't be getting on one of those guided tour buses anytime soon. 

part two of our touring was to go to the royal botanic gardens. I was admittedly a bit less enthused about this than Stephen, gardens are more his thing but I was persuaded on the basis that they had a proper tea room. Unfortunately trying to get there was a bit more of an ordeal than we initially planned for so we took a break while looking for the right bus by having a picnic in the park. We did eventually make it out there and don't  
Get me wrong it was nice plus it was free to get into so I imagine if you lived nearby it would be great to have it but to me it felt a lot like walking through an admittedly pretty fancy garden. Nice but not exactly worth a lot of hassle. Our feet were fit to fall off so we said we'd take a break for tea only to discover the tea rooms were not a thing. I felt duped as I sat in their terrace cafe sipping my twinnings green tea. We headed back to the city soon after. 

before dinner we managed to get to two galleries on our list but there wasn't really a huge amount to see so it was more like a flying visit. Plus we stopped at a wine bar which was also on the list and I can just say there water was delicious but Stephen did really enjoy his glass of wine. 
When it came to eating, I wanted to go for something nice and different but we had plans to meet the girls and seven so we were a little pushed for time and I eventually admitted defeat and chose an Italian place that advertised gluten free options . It turned to be fairly nommy so I regret nothing. 

then it was time to go meet the girls for drinks. it ended up being a really good night, I hadn't seen the girls since I left but after 5 minutes it felt like it had only been a week. I'm sure Stephen probably felt a bit lost but he had Lisa's boyfriend to chat to so he didn't have to play the who from college is up to what game. 
I had my few drinks of vodka with soda water ( I stopped at 4) and I don't think I was even tipsy which is more than I can
Say for himself who was delighted to discover the bars here give large glasses of wine for a little bit extra and was taking 
full advantage. We eventually left the bar after 12 and I had to steer a very drunk man back to the hostel and then wake up with a mouth that tastes like sock and a room that smells like wine but the worst part is I'm awake now and I feel grand and I've been awake ages but Stephen is merrily sleeping away so doesn't look like 
we'll be going anywhere soon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..