A catalogue of petty irritations


This morning, while dripping with sweat at the gym, I found myself thinking about some of the things that have been really annoying me lately. We can start with the ungraceful art of working out in weather than can only be described as muggy. it was sticky and sweaty and thoroughly unpleasant and then you step outside to find no relief, only dampness and a dead warmth. In this mornings class, I was so unbearably hot that I desperately wanted to take my tshirt off ( I was wearing a mini vest over my sports bra to keep everything in place) but I didn't want to expose my wobbly midriff to the general public.
 all of this leaves me looking shiny and disgusting for far too long after the class has finished and I am forced to sit there all sweaty and chalky until I deem myself fit to put on regular clothes. Now I will accept its not practical for my gym
to invest in air conditioning given that it would only be in use two weeks a year but I was only half joking when I suggested the rowing machines be connected to fans which spin faster the faster you row. That way our more competent rowers get to work out while the rest of us are blissfully cooled down but the last time I checked, no one was doing anything to implement my genius idea. 

Now I am not the sort of woman who is annoyed by one thing at a time. My brain is fully female and can multitask like you wouldn't believe leaving me capable of being annoyed by many different things simultaneously. It's almost impressive.
I wouldn't have the time or inclination to truly catalog all of my annoyances. I'd say its a shame but I'd hate for my blog to cross the line into overly ranty while I Whinge about paying €4.50 ( a ridiculous price ) for strawberries that don't live up
to their tantalising promise of deliciousness, I'm talking about the watery and squishy ones that leave you feeling hungry and disappointed. Or maybe I could include a five page ( half a paragraph, I am nothing if not prone to exaggeration ) litany entitled 'why am
I not skinny yet?' where I ponder my own Wobbliness in light of the fact that I'm exercising a few times a week and not eating any crap but I won't or I could go on about all that lovely sun we've been having that seems to piss off the minute I'm actually given some time to go its and 
Enjoy it. I have books to read and noms to eat so we'll just pretend I really have elaborated further and thus the blog post really is such a catalogue and not just a cleverly chosen title.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..