So this is what disappointment tastes like.

(**a point of note here - the chocolate itself is nommy, no criticism intended to the wonderful folk that make ombar)

Last week I had mentioned how I had taken to the internet in search of chocolate made with coconut sugar. My holy grail was a delicious ombar which I felt was only available to me in crappy flavours and at stupid prices. The only stockist I of ombar that I can get to regularly is a heath food shop in my hometown and while it seems the lovely people of Kilkenny and Cork are happy to sell it more reasonably priced with nicer flavours, I just don't get to those places often enough to satisfy my chocolate desires.

Now with not much money in the bank ( my wages already having been divided up for bills and food and other such exciting things) I took to the interweb to track down the only type of chocolate that doesn't make very ill (it's like my scumbag body now has an inbuilt mechanism to prevent me turning into a fatty fat pants) so I was delighted when I found the raw chocolate shop who were offering big bars of Ombar for only £1.99 plus postage. I think it worked out as €5 overall but I thought it would be worth it in the end when I had a big bar to get me through the chocolate free days and nights. That was last Tuesday and since then I have been waiting most impatiently for my 'present' to arrive. I might have been getting a little annoyed because I can get things from iherb (in the US) in 3 working days and yet this bar from the UK was taking much longer. I can't say I fared well while waiting, I ate some dark chocolate stevia bars and suffered badly and also managed to get two little ombars last weekend.

So this morning I arrive into work only to find some post in my name. Even as a woman of 32, a package addressed to me still fills me with a sense of joy. The package looked smaller than I expected but I was too excited to hear the alarm bells that  should have been ringing at this stage. As I am ripping the package, I am beginning to worry because I've practically ripped it in half and I haven't gotten to the bar yet and then with a plop, the tiniest bar of chocolate falls into my hand. At this point I realised my mistake. I had not ordered a full size bar  at all . I had ordered a regular sized bar (see above) and paid what I normally would to get it in Clonmel and then paid postage on top of it, like a dope.  In case it's not obvious from the picture above the bars are about the size of a mini green and blacks bar, less chocolate in it than your average dairymilk bar.

I would love to vent my anger at this injustice at the website that sold me this very tiny bar and then forced me to wait a week to receive it but the truth is that they didn't do anything wrong. I'm sure they had a gram size beside the bar that I didn't bother to read because it looked like a full sized bar (which I don't think they actually make) plus based on the cost I assumed it wasn't the tiny one. I assumed incorrectly and now have nothing but the wrapper and the after taste of my own foolishness to show for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..