Accidental adult


For a girl who is going to be working for all of this lovely sunny weekend, I am feeling unaccountably cheerful. Perhaps It's all the sun or I'm still on a workout high from yesterday but I'm not planning on spending too much time trying to find the root cause, I'm just going to go with it .

I flew through Saturday in work and after myself and Stephen went to see an act called tumble circus in theatre royal because he had procured tickets for us. 
Now I had a fair idea this show might be aimed at a younger audience because it was on during a child themed Viking festival. Apparently though, Stephen was not so clear on this and was expecting a bit more from the whole act, possibly because he'd watched some of their videos online showing more adult centred shows. Anyway we walked into the theatre and realized we were quite conspicuous as the only people walking in unaccompanied by children. The room
Was virtually a sea of tiny people and the adults that came with them.

I was actually quite impressed by the whole show even though I could see it had been paired down to appeal to younger audience. It was a mix of slapstick comedy and impressive acrobatic tricks plus some decent mime. You could tell they were capable of much more than we saw but I'm pretty sure many of the small kids would have gotten restless if they had done the kind of show I really would have liked to see. I found myself watching the woman doing incredible feats and at the same time admiring their muscle tone, flexibility and the incredible level of skill it must take to do what they were doing. I was also thinking about some of the things we do in crossfit and that level of gymnastic skill could be applied. Not that I'm looking to climb a rope with my feet any time soon but you can see how some of those skills could carry over. To be fair I was probably only thinking like a crossfitter during the show because I am a bundle of achey muscles today. Particularly my back ( from deadlifting). All in a good way, so long as my legs allow me to do stairs and bend, I usually don't mind too much. As well as the actual show I did enjoy hearing some of the things the tiny people were shouting out, in that must shout whatever's in my head, urge that toddlers have.

After the show, himself headed home to get ready to go out and I headed to my place to make noms and have a date night with my book. I can tell you which night seemed more appealing to me (mine) but that might be because I am off the wine for a little while longer in the hopes that I might end up rich and skinny as a result ( the jury is still out on that one) somehow though I got distracted by all of the internets and haven't picked up my book yet. I plan to right that wrong as soon as I sign off on this blog post because I had planned to start a new book tomorrow and I'd hate to let myself down. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..