Green tea baby

I know that I am wonderful at committing fully to anything that will make me healthier or skinnier or just feel better and I like to tell everyone how great this thing is until I get bored or don't see results and then I will never mention it again. To be fairer on myself, I don't quit everything I start, I have been doing crossfit for years now. Mind you, you probably wouldn't know it to look at me. 

My latest healthy kick is green tea. Not that I am naive enough to think that I will see any noticeable benefits from just drinking green tea alone.  I am still doing crossfit plus I've been off sugar and alcohol over a month. Not to mention the fact that this month I am giving up spelt, chips and crisps so I figure a little green tea can't exactly do any harm.
I have tried it before and my press has at least two boxes of the stuff but I've never stuck with it because frankly I haven't found one that I enjoy drinking. The after taste makes me want to make that awful hacking sound in my throat, you know the one that lets people know I am enjoying my delicious tea.

I've been drinking about two cups a day for a few days now and already it's going better than my cinnamon and honey cleanse. Clearly I made a rookie mistake by attempting burpees after ingesting a spoonful of cinnamon and honey. I still feel a bit queasy thinking about it and now I can't tolerate the smell of cinnamon. 

I'm not doing all of this in an attempt to lose weight but if I did lose some belly fat then you're not going to hear me complaining. The overall hope is that I will feel better and have more energy and all of those sorts of good things.  So far I'm already feeling better but it's too soon to give green tea any credit. I think the exercise and quitting spelt bread might be the most likely causes for my lift in energy and more upbeat mood.

I was making all sorts of changes anyway and then someone shared the above photo and it convinced me that I should drag one of my boxes of green tea out of my press and dust it off, perhaps there's something to all this. I think that if I could just stick with this one even for just a few weeks I am going to look and feel amazing. This is a true factual story, based on real facts, sort of.  Well it's not like it do any harm. I'm telling you, I am on to a good thing, healthier Laura is here to stay, I hope. Sugar free suits me.
This morning I bought myself a bar of dark chocolate sweetened with stevia (it was not a big bar ) and then I threw half of it away. I felt good about this, if not a little wasteful but it's basically junk, giving me the illusion of chocolate and it always makes me feel sick. So here's to steps in the right direction. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..