Choose your own adventure


So I'm coming up to my two year anniversary of joining the ranks of Singledom. I'd say I've used my time pretty wisely. Lots of adventuring, solo holidays and getting to know who I am outside of a relationship.

I've had one teeny tiny blip. I've mentioned before that I've been doing the whole online dating thing. I haven't been going on nearly as many dates as I could because I refuse to cancel plans I've already made with myself and I've been fairly damn nonchalant about the possibility of meeting a potential partner from one of these dates. Anyway just over a month ago I agreed to a date with a guy I'd been chatting to. Now upon meeting him I liked him but I wouldn't have been 100% on our compatibility. Turns out he was sure enough for both of us and he was saying all the right things and I fell into the trap of enjoying coupley things. I was so sure it was going somewhere that I told my mum about it and closed my dating profile.
Spoiler alert, the whole thing imploded before it really got off the ground and I was heartbroken for at least two days before I got my shit together. Then I just felt annoyance at my own gullibility and a bit of panic at the thought of weekends off to spend alone.

You'll be relieved to know those feelings passed and I'm back to embracing doing what I like best whenever I want to. My life is basically like a choose your own adventure book with slightly less thrilling options. Although really as long my adventures keep me happy it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks.

So the weekend ahead which loomed empty only days before is now packed with possibilities. A potential seaglass hunt and a hike are on the agenda. Energy levels and enthusiasm come the weekend not withstanding. I'm back to making the most of single life and choosing all my own adventures

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..