Not my typical Saturday night

I am definitely more hermit than social butterfly at the weekends these days but as chance would have it I had a social engagement two weeks in a row and I had three whole days off work. After spending my Saturday afternoon in a very leisurely fashion, I was all dressed up and ready to go out by 7. A band called Wyvern Lingo were playing in Shortts Bar and we had tickets to go see them. The gig was on nice and early which suited me just fine because there's only so late I am inclined to be in the centre of town on a Saturday night sipping a fizzy water. I know, I live an exciting life. 

Susan O'Neill accompanied by Michelle Haberlin were playing support and they warmed up the crowd nicely. Susan is a local singer who I have heard so much about but tonight was the first time I had the honour of hearing her sing and can I just say wow, what an amazing voice. She had a really rich tone to it and is a talented songwriter as well. 
 Her performance was so lovely that it has me quite excited about seeing her perform in two weeks for the next Between The Bars in St Patricks Gateway. 

It really must have been a night for powerful female singers because Wyvern Lingo came on stage soon after and gave a fantastic performance. They are an incredibly talented trio each playing an instrument as they sing and I wasn't at all jealous that I could do neither, nevermind both so well.  Some people may know them as the back up singers for Hozier but having heard them perform I would say their voices are wasted in that capacity and I can only imagine it wont be long before everyone is talking about this band. To be fair I seem to be a little out of the loop when it comes to how well known great bands are but I do recognize really great music when I hear it. They sang an amazing acapella number that actually made me a little teary eyed and it really showed the power in their voices. I do love a night out with great music and last night certainly delivered. I look forward to hearing more from these ladies.

I returned to my old ways after the gig, leaving my boyfriend to stay out with friends while I headed home to the comfort of my bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..