Laura 37.0

I haven't written anything for quite some time and I think in some ways I felt I'd said everything I needed to say but this reflective piece has been brewing for quite a while and it's taken me a bit of time to decide what it is I want to say. 

So this is the year I turned 37. An age startling enough that it continues to surprise me as someone who feels they are likely to be outed any day now as a teenager hiding in an adult body ( 15 going on 37) faking being a grown up and hoping to not be found out. 

This is also the year I've had the most adventures. I branched out on my own and spent a good year making excuses before finally getting off my ass and renewing my passport and I've been making up for lost time since then. I've been away for a week to Wexford, to Edinburgh, to Switzerland, to Killarney, Amsterdam and in a few days to Galway.

All of those trips bar one have been solo adventures and there's something great about heading off by myself with no real agenda and dividing up my time however I see fit. 

There's been changes and challenges at work, all managed. The gym has been one constant though I still can't skip to save my life. 

I've been to counselling and completed an online course on anxiety and just spent a lot of time figuring myself out and while I won't claim to have unravelled the mystery, I've come a long way.

When I look back I'm proud of how far I've come and how much I've changed and it gives me hope for what the future might bring . More challenges, more adventures and a better, brighter version of myself ( hopefully )

Comments

  1. Laura, you look younger than 37! You are still young. Take care of yourself and believe in yourself. You have a long journey and it's good you take the time to travel and enjoy wonderful places.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..