The summer of me

Recently, feeling a bit fed up with all the dating app palaver, I upped and deleted my profiles.
I mean at the moment you can't do a whole lot with dating. With covid 19 still very much lingering like a bad smell, it's risky if not borderline illegal to be going on dates and I'm not really one for living dangerously.

I had a few bad experiences with guys I'd chatted to who had seemed nice until they got their first whiff of rejection and then showed their true colours. One guy left me a series of voicemails after I blocked him. I didn't listen to anyone of them but I was nervous for a whole week after the event thinking every voicemail notification was him not taking the hint.

With all of that in mind and this pesky virus not looking as though it's going anywhere soon, I've decided this will be the summer of me . Or at least whats left of the summer.
I'll be making the most of days of with road trips and adventures and I already have two weeks off work with solid plans.

Next month I'll be staying down in Wexford, hopefully met eireann have received the memo and will supply me with a steady stream of sunshine. I plan to sleep well , read a lot and spend as much time as possible by the sea and on the beach. Sure I may even lie out if I get lucky with the weather. I'll be taking photos , walking the legs off myself and collecting all 9f the seaglass and it's going to be great.

Then in September I've a week booked in Clare. I'm ridiculously excited about this because it's been on my list of places to visit for a while now .
I love the idea of exploring somewhere new and getting back into the swing of really enjoying my own company.

Who knows when boredom or a desire to date might lead back to the murky world of dating apps but until that happens I'll be enjoying the summer of me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..