The mystical holiday fund

Someone asked me recently if I had any plans to go on holiday this summer and I laughed because currently I can't imagine how I'd afford it. This summer I will be paying my bills and silently envying anyone with the funds to take themselves somewhere sunnier. It does seem as though I might be changing jobs in the next month or and if that comes about maybe it might become less of a ridiculous possibility. Fingers crossed or me or alternatively contact me to find out how to send me money ( I jest !) 

Anyway while driving home today I was listening to Beat Fm, mostly because 3 months after buying my car I still haven't gotten around to tuning in other radio stations, and they were talking about a competition they are running over the summer where they are giving people money to make their summer dreams a reality. You apply and tell them how much you need and what it's for e.g  holiday or festival or so on and then you might be in with a chance of winning some of that lovely money. It's actually the first time they have had a competition where I actually wanted the prize. I may have left some of my focus drift from the very important act of driving home so I could daydream about what I would ask for. I do have a significant other but he is up to his eyes planning world domination so even if the funds allowed, I had mentally ruled out the possibility of us holidaying together. So at first I was thinking I would just head off somewhere very sunny with some culture and just switch off by myself  for a week. I'd come back relaxed and slightly less pasty white and it would be great.

Then I had a flash of inspiration and remembered the fitness holidays they do abroad. It's something I have always wanted to do but have never really looked into because of cost. My last holiday in the sun was six years ago, try not to feel too sorry for me. I knew in order to apply that I would need to know how much one of these holidays would cost me. Looking into it was a really bad idea because now I am going to be somewhat devastated when I don't get to go. I found myself on a site called Escape Fitness Travel which is great because they have a number of Fitness and Wellness holidays with all the details listed on their site. I got really excited looking at the options, a boot camp in Spain , a retreat in Tuscany. I will admit I got a bit less excited looking at the prices. 
So I put in my request for enough to get me on one of the modestly priced ones and now I will listen to the radio hopefully waiting to hear if I've won. Then again I don't usually win things but perhaps I will find my own way of making it happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..