How to survive a night shift


How to get through a night shift. This is something I have been googling endlessly since I found myself agreeing to work nights all weekend. If there is some magic formula to working nights then I certainly haven't cracked it.

I recently did my first two in the new job and pushed myself through by eating disgusting amounts of sugar and mainlining caffeine as though it was the cure to everything. You could technically say it worked in that I am alive to tell the tale of my night shift and I didn't fall asleep on the job. To be honest I had so much caffeine and sugar in me it's lucky I fell asleep again.I did however find myself crying the next day because I couldn't work out if I had enough money to eat out the next day and the thought of cooking overwhelmed me.

Starting tomorrow night I have three night shifts to look forward to. I won't be able to make it to any of my boyfriends events this weekend which is a bummer. Well more so for me than him as he gets to stay out as late as he likes without me giving out about what time he woke me at. I will be stocking up the apartment tomorrow like I'm expecting some sort of nuclear event but really I'm just ensuring I don't need to people between now and Tuesday.

If I do make it outside the apartment and you do happen to meet me, well at least you will know why I seem to have forgotten the English language and will probably just be just eating handfuls of sugar out of a bag. Right now I am off to have the last good nights sleep I will have in my bed for a long long time (or you know until Monday night which will feel like ages away).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..