New Year, Same me

Does everyone reach a point in January where they realise they have gone a bit off the rails (in terms of diet) and wish they didn't find themselves sitting there poking themselves in there many fat parts and wishing there were less of them. I am going to assume I am not alone in this or there wouldn't be such a rush to join gyms and get the latest diet or detox. For me this is a well travelled road and I seem to waver endlessly between being very strict with my diet and eating disgusting amounts of junk food. There is no inbetween for me. 

It hasn't helped that I am in the middle of my month of night shifts, a time when I am particularly susceptible to making poor food choices. Well the other night I decided enough is enough, then I proceeded to make a pig of myself for another two days while I ridded the apartment of all the junk I had bought because that's how these things work. I also dragged myself for a beach walk in Tramore the other morning to try and start being a bit more active again which would probably have been a bit more beneficial had I not been munching a croissant.

Now my head is in the game. My food for tonight's shift is oaty bread and fruit. I even bought some new bigger gym gear, out of Penneys on a whim. There's nothing so ironic as being put off returning to the gym because you are too fat to fit into your current gym clothes and every workout for weeks is punctuated with you trying to stop your big belly flopping out on display every few minutes. In case you were wondering that's what happens when you workout in clothes that don't fit you. All going well I wont be stuck in these bigger gym clothes for too long.

The hardest part of deciding to get healthy again is the gaping void between when I verbally commit to it and my body starting to look less marshmallow-like. All I can really do is try and hopefully stick it out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..