Reinventing New Years Eve

I will be the first to tell you that I don't really do New Years Eve. I don't wish to mark it or celebrate it in any fashion and if it was left entirely up to me then I would probably sit in watching non festive tv shows and be in bed asleep before the countdown. It's one of those nights that has almost always been a bit of let down. Something that promises to be something more than it is. However my boyfriend lies on the opposite end of the scale and he dreads the thought of sitting in most on this particular night and so we find ourselves compromising. After last year where I worked until after 9 and came  home and got straight into bed, I felt this year I could make a bit more of an effort.

I headed out at 8pm suitably dolled up and we caught an hour of a gig in Geoffs before going to dinner in our favourite restaurant, Funnily enough our first time in MOMO was exactly two years ago on New Years Eve so it felt only fitting that we return on this night. On our first visit I had been curious and intrigued by their menu but they had just been open two months and I hadn't quite gotten around to trying it out. Little did I know it would be our go to spot for the next two years for dinners out and lunches. We arrived at 9, just in time for the Beats and Eats. This being the same delicious food but now accompanied by music with Harry (one half of MOMO) on decks.
I was looking forward to my dessert enough that I passed on the starter (to leave more room). I was smart enough to know after night shifts that my appetite had not quite returned and I couldn't eat everything much as I wanted to. My other half on the other hand decided he wanted everything and ended up with no room for dessert so we know who planned it out better.

I started off with a chocolate and chilli stew which was amazing and I really meant to take a photo but instead I got stuck in and by the time I realised I hadn't it was no longer photogenic. While my boyfriend accompanied his meal with glasses of his favourite wine, I was going the non alcoholic route and had glasses of the nicest cordial I have ever tasted with sparkling water, yum.
\Once we had finished mains I was sure I was full to the tippy top but I had my eye on the chocolate fondant from when we first read the menu and I was determined to try it before I came my senses re the sugar issue and start behaving myself again. As we waited for dessert to arrive it transpired I was not actually sure what a fondant was but it seems I made the right choice, of this I was certain when the ball of chocolate deliciousness arrived at our table. It tasted even nicer than it looked and it didn't take long before I was looking at an empty plate.

Happy out and bellies full, we made our way to the couches at the front saying that we would stay on for just one drink but the company was good and so was the music so we didn't leave until the early hours of the morning so it was here we rung in the New Year and so we had my second ever decent New Years Eve celebration. I'm sure it wasn't a coincidence that this one was in MOMO too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..