Let's start again

Could we agree for arguments sake that January has been a free trial month for 2018 and that the new year will really begin in February. 

By all accounts for me, January has not been a joyful month. I did not meet it full of hope and promise but more with a quiet dread for the many car related bills I was facing into and through a veil of sugar. Even though sugar has never done me any favours, i seem to be destined to fall off the wagon time and time again and im never the better for it. As well ad this i had a few random night shifts thrown in among my days and my gym attendance had been less than spectacular.

I haven't been looking good and I've been feeling even worse and just at the point where I became determined to finally tackle it, I found myself facing into my next fortnight of nights.
Anyone who has met me while on night duty knows they turn me into a hot mess. There's really no point in attempting to make major lifestyle changes while on nights because they are destined to fail and ill be more down hearted about them than usual  . 

Now to be fair to myself I have managed to make some positive changes despite my fatigued state. I have made it back to the gym, although not as often as id have liked. I'm making a real effort to drink more water and I'm back in sugar rehab which has been tough while on night duty. Im also making a real effort to get out and walk more. 

While all of this is a good starting point, on monday I return to the lovely world of day shifts and thats when my own personal operation transformation will begin. Starting Monday I will; be eating more proper meals, seriously cutting back on bread  ( sourdough and spelt but still wheat whatever way you cut it), drinking water like I'm in immediate danger of being stranded in the desert, getting out for more walks, getting my gym routine back on track and as a result sleeping better and just generally feeling much better.

As I head into February I am feeling much more optimistic about what lies ahead and the real start to the new year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..