Not every day is a good day

The last few days I've been aware of this background hum of anxiety hiding in the quiet gaps of the day. I can feel it when I'm trying to meditate and when I wake in the middle of the night. One of the most important lessons I have learned in later adulthood is how tp manage my own mental health and of late I have been ticking all the boxes. I have cut back my coffee intake, Im eating almost no refined sugar, I'm doing headspace everyday, I'm training whenever I can and getting as much fresh air as my schedule allows. These are all great things and for the most part they do their bit to keep my mood relatively upbeat and my anxiety at bay.
All the same anxiety can creep back in and I do my best to stop it taking over.

When I first became aware of it, I poked it tentatively as though it was a physical sore and I wondered what caused it. Am I stressed about work? Am I picking up on someone else's anxious feelings? Have I something to feel sad or worried about? Despite this scan of my emotions I came back undecided. All I could say is that the anxiety was there so instead of going full CSI on the matter and ending up anxious about this unknown anxiety, I took a different approach.

I kept training in the gym and then bought myself hiking boots I couldn't afford ( as an aside buying myself presents to cheer myself up is not the best impulse ). I went home and made some cacao coconut bites and danced around my kitchen ( badly)to an upbeat tune while doing this. I kept doing headspace, I made a cup of relax tea and watched my favourite show and felt the anxious feelings ease.

It wouldn't be fair to say they have gone entirely but they are becoming more distant. I know that every day is going to be my best day and thats fine. So long as I know how to manage the bad days with the good and remember to just keep on keeping on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..