The big boob problem

I don't intend for the title of this post to be misleading but just incase anyone picked it up wrong, this is not a post about the difficulty of having larger boobs (honestly mine are not that large) although all the same I would not recommend running downstairs or shaking a bottle without a bra on (things get pretty jiggly). Plus they do prohibit me from wearing many designs of vest without looking like busty wench is the look I was going for. Anyway as I was saying, this is not the subject of this particular blog post.

In fact what I mean by this title is that the problem is big and not that my boobs are. The problem that I am referring to here is the obsession that men have with all things boobs and cleavage. Obviously not all men share this fixation, some are ass men and some just keep it to their damn selves (and well done to them for managing this simple feat). 

Now in many universes, I, a lady possessing boobs and they, men with boob fixations could probably peacefully coexist but alas I am on a dating site with several flattering photos online in the hopes of attracting the a half decent man.
This unfortunately means I am catnip for the creeps of the interweb. They have found me and try as I might I cannot deter them from discussing my boobs.

The photo above is one that features on my profile, as well as this there are four other recent and flattering photos selected from my camera roll. Now in all of these photos there is a little cleavage showing. Why? you might ask. well for two simple reasons, one is that these are clothes I wear all the time. Tshirts, vests, summer dresses ( my profile has normal natural photos of me). The other reason is that like many other smart ladies I have worked out the best angle to take a photo of my face and that is to have the phone up high and angle it downwards, you just try and take a photo like that and have your boobs not show up in it.

Anyway, I used to get a lot of messages in relation to my cleavage. Ranging from nice boobs to the can I be cheeky and ask what size they are. Ask away, just don't expect a response. Yes these were certainly irritating and I don't understand the compulsion to comment on them. I appreciate that if you have boobs and some cleavage is visible that a man may notice and silently admire same but the need to ask me invasive questions about them irked me. That thankfully has almost completely died off.

However what has now emerged is worse or at least in my humble opinion. I have received several messages in my time online by self proclaimed 'nice guys' who are wondering if I receive many messages about my breasts because they couldn't help noticing my cleavage in the photos. Now sometimes its said directly or sometimes it's just an unspoken implication but I know the point that is being made is that I am somehow asking for this sort of attention by daring to have visible cleavage and I really shouldn't complain.

This just so happens to make me really angry because I feel like as a woman I can wear whatever the hell I want without inviting harassment. Sometimes I wear what feels comfortable and sometimes I wear clothes I just like and sometimes its stuff that happens to make me look good and no I don't feel that I am inviting men to make inappropriate comments by doing this. 

so you know what, I will go on having breasts and some of my clothes may show them in a flattering light and some of those photos may make it onto my dating profile but no I don't think I am to blame if an adult man does not know how to have interaction a dating website without behaving like a 15 year old and also if you refer to yourself as a nice guy then you should know that statistically speaking then you're probably not. Okay rant over

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..