Misogyny


 So I wrote a spontaneous poem for the first time in forever. I was having a back and forth chat with a guy I'm friendly with and he makes a joke about something and it just triggers me . On one level I'm totally aware that is some kind of banter and I should laugh it off and change the subject to that does not provoke such a strong emotional response but it's like this red.mist descends upon me and I lay into him. I don't know why my reaction is so strong but I know some part of me needed to say what I said and there are some subjects I don't find funny .

This is the thing though with triggers. There are some things that trigger me and I'm like oh yeah that makes perfect sense because it relates very closely to my own trauma and there are other things that do not have a bearing on my own life experiences and yet my response is so visceral anyway this post is not for me to deep dive into my psyche but merely to share what I have written . Maybe a poem or maybe just word vomit but getting it down on paper was cathartic.


Misogyny

A sea in which I am drowning,

Bobbing beneath the waves,

Seen but not recognized.


I feel triggered,

I am shouting,

Verbal missives, 

Bile sputters from my lips

 And I clamber down from my soap box 

Like all the witches that have gone before me 

Ready to be burned at the stake. 


Am I overreacting?

Or reacting just enough? 

And it is him who does not realize that 

His jokes are tasteless,

Poking holes in parts of my myself 

I'd rather not explore














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..