Girl on the outskirts

I am not sure if you have noticed that I haven't been blogging lately. I have kind of disappeared from social media and have just been hanging out in my apartment a lot. It doesn't really give me much to write about. Unless anyone cares to read a blog about my landlords terrible choice in carpet. Part of the joys of getting myself into social care is that I am working lots of unsociable hours which has many downsides. Obviously I am very tired after work, even days later. Today is the first day I haven't had a nap this week and that doesn't leave time for many exciting activities. It mostly seems to leave time for bad tv, lots of snacking, light reading and making puzzles on my phone. None of these activities amount to anything resembling a social life. The other major issue with all of these nights is that I seem to be most in demand at the weekend, you'll find that's when most good events seem to happen. No one seems to want to have gigs Monday to Wednesday, mores the pity. So when my boyfriend grumbles that we never do anything any more, he's not exaggerating. All this night work has kind of ruined me.

I say this while trying to remain upbeat and facing into Easter weekend and another four nights. I like the work, just not the hours it happens during and I am happy to get some experience for myself. I know I could have gotten the hard part out of the way years ago if I wasn't so busy hiding behind jobs I hated in customer service and retail. It's not all bad news, I'm getting loads of training which means more work (hopefully during daytime hours) and the money isn't bad. If it wasn't for what I am spending on petrol and food, I'd probably be well off. Next week I even have some day time hours and I'm off Friday night and all of Saturday. So I will be getting out into the world again soon. For now though I am fully prepared for a weekend of sleeping, half sentences and having the attention span of a goldfish. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..