Fitness is an uphill battle

I am one of those people who would really like to be fit but just wishes the process was a little easier. There are some things that have stuck with me since my initial introduction to the world of fitness. I feel terrible when I stop working out, I no longer drink coke or eat at McDonalds so at least I can claim I have some standards. The rest gets a little muggy over time. I can go for months committed to eating healthily and working out but when I fall off the wagon I tend to do so in an epic fashion. What can I say I am not a girl to do things by halves. Usually it is something that prevents me from getting home to the gym and at first I think its okay because at least I am still eating good food but then that stops and I fall further down the rabbit hole.

My gym going has been patchy the last few months, my diet has not been great and so it is hardly a shock that my pants are starting to feel like they are attacking me. I don't have much energy and I have been eating a whole lot of feelings. If stress eating was an Olympic event then I'd certainly have won something by now. Naturally the wobblier I get, the worse I feel about myself and to top it off, I currently feel so unfit I am embarrassed about returning to the gym. Ideally I'd like to do my next few classes behind a room divider so no one has to look at me flailing around the place. 

I have been gently reintroducing myself to the idea of getting back into shape or at least flattening some of my rounder parts. I find it easier to stick with when I don't rush in head first. I am currently in the process of easing myself off sugar gently and wondering why I can't seem to remember that sugar is not my friend. The trouble is that getting back in shape is a slow process and I get frustrated when my body seems the same and the chocolate just goes on looking delicious. 

At the moment I haven't got a lot of hours in work, something that should pick up over the next few weeks but until then I am going to take advantage of the free time and get home to avail of some crossfit classes with all the pain and nausea that entails (whenever I take too long a break). My lovely sister did give me a quick workout yesterday to ease me back in. Something small , for time . It took me 10 minutes and I had to lie down for another 10 minutes after.Its been so long since I have done something with weights that when I woke up this morning I felt like I had been in accident. I don't know if this speaks more to the power of Crossfit (that you can get that sort of effect from a ten minute workout) or to my own level of fitness. Getting out of bed is a three step manoeuvre, sitting on the loo takes 5 steps, walking down stairs is a slow slow process. At least I know it was effective. Tomorrow I'll be a little tender and lot tired as I am after getting a new round of night shifts but hopefully at some point I will be ready to try another workout.

Fitness really is an uphill climb but once it becomes a habit its easier to keep it up so here's hoping I get through all the pain and the tiredness and the cravings and reach my end goal of losing enough belly fat that my tights no longer roll down on me.  

Comments

  1. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well! https://www.superhipertrofia.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..