A year of Momo

I can still remember the first time I had set foot in Momo Restaurant. To be fair it would be worrying if I couldn't given that they have only been open just over a year now. Anyway, I digress, it was New Years Eve and myself and my boyfriend were looking to do something low key to mark the occasion. I am happy to stay in and wear pyjamas and be in bed before the New Year has even been rung in but my lovely boyfriend would like to be at some great party making new memories to carry him in to the year ahead. As a compromise we said we could join another couple in going to Momo for food and music and then have a few drinks in a bar after.

At that point I had heard quite a bit about Momo and had been repeatedly saying we must go in and try it. They had only been open a few weeks but there had been considerable buzz about the restaurant and everything I had seen and heard had piqued my interest so I was only delighted to have an excuse to finally try it out. As it happened we had a lovely night and a delicious meal, possibly the first time I have actually been out for New Years Eve and not found the whole experience to be a bit of a let down. Obviously the meal made a bit of an impression on me because days later I found myself returning for lunch with himself and now I am what would be considered a regular.

I will go so far as to say that its my favourite place to eat out. The decor is great, everything is well thought out and it creates a really nice relaxed atmosphere. The staff have always been lovely and friendly and more than accommodating.There's a selection of things I can eat on the menu and its all very reasonably priced. What's not to love. I know I have written about it on more than one occasion but thats very much the ethos behind my blog, If I enjoy something I write about it and if I don't then be prepared for my fiery wall of silence. 

I love introducing new people to the restaurant, knowing everyone will leave happy, in the year since they have opened I have brought many friends and family through the doors and will continue to do so. I am working on varying what I order when I go there as its getting almost embarrassing when everyone knows that if I am there for lunch I will be ordering a toastie with chips, in my defence a very hungry Laura craves carbs and they do make the most delicious sourdough toastie so really its not my fault at all.

I hope from here there will be many more years of Momo, otherwise where am I going to eat. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..