The disappearance of Bookshoplaura

There was a time not too long ago when I had a lot more to write about but now my posts are less frequent. The reason for this is that I seem to have a lot less to say without paraphrasing older blog posts and hoping no one has read back that far. The truth of the matter is for now my life is mostly eat, work , sleep, repeat with the odd Crossfit class thrown in for variety. Even if I could write about work , it wouldnt make for the most exciting reading. I could always tell you about my attempts to get healthier but there's not a whole lot to say that I haven't written about on my many other failed attempts over the last few years. Thanks to the wonders of Facebook's on this day I have been been able to identify a pattern of where I am super enthusiastic about getting healthier/dropping a dress size/ having a flat stomach and then 'accidentally' eating sugar and undoing all my progress. It might be time to accept I will always be squidgy around the middle and the only way I will get tights to not roll down is if I glue them on.

So that leaves my leisure time as a topic but I have yet to work out how to make my real use of these precious few me hours sound interesting. The truth is I sleep , read terrible books ( at least at the moment because my brain is tired and mushy) watch bad TV, crossfit , nap and occasionally meet people for coffee. Its hardly scintillating stuff no matter how you spin it. Way back when ( a year ago) when I still worked in retail myself and the boyfriend used to go places every time I got a weekend off. I know this because Facebook likes to remind me. Now I'm off every second weekend and I couldnt tell you the last time I did anything of note. The closest I get is turning to my boyfriend in an accusing tone and saying remember when we used to go places. 
I work 50/60 hr weeks and he's busy trying to organise a millon different events so it doesn't really leave us with a whole lot of time.
And so I find myself disappearing or at least my alter ego has a whole lot less to say. I am not sure that much is likely to change in coming months so I'll have to decide to write about something else or retire Bookshoplaura once and for all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..