Here's to the summer body

Winter bodies are hairy, soft beings whereas summer bodies are taut and tanned and scantily clad. At least that's the theory. As someone who yoyo's between getting fit and eating my body weight in sugar, I am often striving for one but falling more into the other category. Here's the thing I have been meaning to sort out my diet, my lifestyle, my excess flab but I just haven't really gotten around to it. I start to work out, clean up my diet and then boom I meet one tiny hurdle and I am back to my old bad habits.

I did manage to call a halt to my gluttony earlier this week and kissed my latest sugar binge goodbye without any regrets and then I made my way back to the gym and while it was hard, it wasn't horrible. It's only as the sun emerged I have realised that I forgot to get my summer body. Clearly I was having a nap on the couch when everyone was getting theirs. Yes I am eating better and I have exercised recently but unfortunately the climb of out of chubbiness seems to be a lot slower than the descent. Which means I will be working hard for almost now reward and too tight pants for a while yet. Not to mention the fact that I am due to do my next round of night shifts shortly which often spells disaster for my diet and my will to get off the couch.

My mum talked me in to buying myself a pair of shorts because I could not be persuaded to buy a skirt and my summer wardrobe is mostly non summer clothes I am too hot in when we get a sunny spell. I was refusing to buy skirts or dresses because I do not have a thigh gap. Now before you misunderstand and think me self conscious, what I am actually concerned about is thigh chaffage. if you are fortunate enough to not have experienced this then let me explain. Thigh chaffage is when, in warm weather, your bare thighs rub together from the friction caused by walking. It is quite painful and can cause you to walk in a john wayne like manner to avoid it. It also makes you feel much fatter so you do not get feel good vibes in the summer.

As I said I did buy shorts, they were denim and they're grand. A bigger size than I would like to be buying but closing them was a priority. Well they are mostly grand until I sit down and my thighs stick to chairs or the shorts ride up and I am painfully self conscious of my thighs squishing out the bottom. This is what I have to look forward to while others are basking in the sun and I am trying not to rub my legs together and find tops that are acceptable. They must not be too hot or too tight, a tougher task than you would think.

But this is it, it is summer and this is the body I have left myself with so I may as well embrace it or at least work on getting fitter, healthier and maybe even caring just a little bit less about how I look and just enjoying the few days of sun we get 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..