The Boredom Trap

Here I am with my very first world problem. I am extremely bored. Not just right now at this very moment in time but just generally in my life. I am fully aware that things could be much worse, I could be in some deep funk of a depression or battling through an illness or even experiencing some sort of terrible hardship and I am not. My biggest complaint at this moment in time is that my life feels a bit meh.So I probably wont be starting a go fund me page anytime soon to help dig me out of this groove my life has fallen into,

I can't even pinpoint one thing in particular that is really bothering me or perhaps its just that everything is. Work is going fine or as fine as its going to go. We are often under pressure with not enough hands to do all the work but I do manage to snatch a moment most days that reminds why I am in the job I am in. I am neither overly happy nor unhappy in my current job.

My relationship is fine, not amazing but not bad either. We have just fallen in to a bit of a routine that I could walk through with my eyes closed and it feels like a while since we have done anything really fun or exciting together.

My social life has gradually dwindled away. I seem to have grown more distant from the friends that I do have. They are busy in their own lives and I feel I am forgetting to connect with them. It's hard to know how to start building a new circle of friends with my unsociable hours and general social awkwardness. It seems the fear of rejection has not abandoned me in adulthood and it is safe to say my social life right now would not set anyone alight.

And this is it, I go round and round wondering what needs to change. Is it me? is it where I am living. Perhaps I have exhausted all that Waterford has to offer. Something,somewhere has to change or I will just get so bored with life that I will forget to get out of bed some day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..