Ways to feel better

I haven't really written anything in quite a while. Its probably fair to say that I haven't really been myself. I finished my month of nights last month and I have kind of floundered around the place trying to find my footing the real world. I have been feeling quite down ever since coming off nights. I have only just started tackling my abysmal post nights diet so I am eating healthy but still look like a jelly baby. My energy levels are still low, I haven't been reading which is really strange for me and I haven't even had the tiniest urge to blog. All in all this is not the worlds greatest tragedy by any measure but I am a woman prone to anxiety and depression (to a lesser degree) and I feel as though I have been letting it consume me. Driving home from another long day at work, I had an epiphany. I realised that this anxious state was consuming me simply because I was giving it permission to do so and it is up to me to start making changes or else this will go on until I next go on nights (which might be sooner than I bargained on) and then never end. 

This is when I decided to start a new journal to log the things I can do each day to make myself feel better.  As though the Danish concept of hygge and the idea of 'treat yo self' (parks and rec fans will know what I mean) had gotten together and had a baby. There will be a lot of emphasis around comfort and relaxation and not so much on spending all my money because at the moment the lack of it is a cause of much stress. 

To start it off I will begin writing again (et voila !) because that has proved wonderfully cathartic in the past and its time I rediscovered my writing voice. I have chosen a book to start reading and turned on all my cosy little lights and soon I will be relaxing with a lovely cup of tea and a terrible tv show and while I do this I will scribble plans in my notebook about how I can continue this. The future doesn't have to be all doom and gloom, it has started looking brighter.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..