The diet odyssey

I
So if you haven't been keeping up, I am half way through a clean eating challenge with my gym ( no alcohol/ sugar or wheat for 30 days ) and so far I'm getting through it. I haven't caved and eaten anything forbidden and I'm now at the stage where I can safely keep chocolate in my house for other people without worrying I'll sneakily binge on it . As far as I'm concerned that's a major achievement. 

The only thing is that while I've lost a bit of weight , my stomach has not lost that rounded look, my spare tyre is still fairly intact and I was really hoping that it would disappear as a side effect of my cleaner eating. I am still hoping that will happen but every time I try to wriggle into my too tight jeans or see my tell tale outline in a fitted t shirt I can see it's not yet the case. Now I know that it will take a lot longer to come off than it did to go on but all the same it still feels a little unfair. I have decided on this basis to take things up a notch. 
Like a boot camp almost except I am the only one there and there is less shouting.

So here's what I'm doing. Obviously I'll be keeping up the clean eating for the time being but I have also started drinking more green tea but only in the mornings because my scumbag body is hyper sensitive to caffeine and I don't really fancy lying awake half the night. I also found something on pinterest and I will readily admit I didn't read too much into it. It's pretty simple you just get a shaker and slice some cucumber lime and fresh mint leaves and fill to the top with water and it boosts your metabolism or helps you lose weight or something. Usually I am more diligent and do a bit of research before taking advice from a website like that but I figured worst case scenario had me drinking lovely flavoured water from a nicer bottle than the one I had been using previously. It might not make me all delightfully slim but at least I will be hydrated.  I am also after asking my coach for some do at home workouts. I just did my only Crossfit class of the week this morning and I know I take laziness to an art form when left to my own devices so I figured it would be all kinds of good to have someone set me a workout that I can do from home. When I saw what I would be doing in the mornings, I quickly remembered why I don't ask for these all of the time and I know I would never set myself a workout that includes burpees which is probably why these things are probably best left to coaches.

 Lastly I have reinstalled myfitnesspal on my phone. eeek. Its an app that allows you to log what you are eating every day plus any physical activity and it allows you to log details like your weight and measurements so you can record it as you lose weight. I have used it before twice and had to stop. The first time was because I became a little fixated on my calorie intake like refusing to eat a banana because it was 110 calories and occasionally saving up my allowed calories to eat bad foods. The second time I got rid of it because I started lying to the app. I was either understating my portions or neglecting to include junk foods when I indulged. This time however is going to be different, I swear.

Other than that there is not much else I can do. I would cut down on other carbs and cut out dairy but I really don't want to. Life is very sad without cheese, this is a proven fact. And hopefully in 6-8 weeks those 7lbs that I am pretty sure don't belong will be gone far far away and I will be slipping into my skinny jeans, no dancing required.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..