My exciting life

Tonight I decided I was going to write a blog post but I often spend more time agonising over the photo to accompany it than the actual post itself and I got a little sidetracked. I have recently inherited my boyfriends old iphone 4 which is amazing after using a banjaxed iphone 3 for the last year and a half so I have been downloading apps like a maniac and getting carried away with all of the shiny new features. One of my personal favourites is the collage app. It gives you a frame and you insert your photos and then tweak them. My genius idea was that the photo I was going to use would be a collage of me over the last few years. Only one tiny little problem was that none of these photos were on my phone. One hour later I have managed to rectify that. Even if I did get a little side tracked, I will admit I really enjoyed trawling through my old Facebook albums downloading all number of photos to my computer so I could then add albums to my phone. I laughed while remembering good nights out and winced at how fat I used to be for most of my twenties and I saved far too many photos of my nieces because they were far too cute to not keep. Thirty seconds after that I put a collage together so really it was worth the time and let's face it, its not like I have more pressing things to do.

You might have noticed, I am not blogging with the same regularity as when I first started out but there's a very good reason for that. My life is actually very boring a lot of the time. Especially this last week when the closest we got to a cultural outing was the two minutes we spent in art gallery before deciding that we weren't all that interested in the art and wouldn't we rather be snuggled up in my bed watching third watch on my laptop. It was a nice night but it doesn't exactly make for interesting reading. This week in general has been a bit of a wash. I don't know if its this 30 day diet plan or hormones (perhaps both) but I have been very ratty indeed. In fact I have been a little all over the place. You can ask Stephen about how I took the blankets off him because he wouldn't get up quick enough or how I cried this morning because I couldn't open my fleece (it's very cold in work) but I am hoping it will pass, really really soon because I am not at all my delightful self and I don't think anybody likes it. Perhaps that's why I just want to be curled up under a blanket reading my book and watching cop shows like a socialite that wasn't. 

This morning in work I was hearing everyone's stories about a party they had all been to. I was also invited but I really couldn't face being sociable after surviving another Saturday in the Children's section but I declined to share stories of my Saturday night which involved Black books, Parks and recreation and a late night trip to Tesco's to get fruit (well Stephen got a pizza and chocolate if that redeems me at all). Probably not my most eventful weekend to date but I can't be out gallivanting every night. This weekend coming, Stephen and I are headed to Cork to Christmas shop and then rushing back to Waterford in time for Jim Nolan's play 'Blackwater angel'. We were also supposed to be going to the Hot sprockets on the Friday night but a late night followed by four hours of driving (because I have to drive home as well) and attempting to Christmas shop sounded like a recipe for disaster. I'm heading home (Clonmel) on Thursday night so I can get in my two crossfit classes and hopefully be able to try on size 8 jeans again in Cork without a dance to get into them and a resolution that sitting down is for other people ( other people who can sit down in their jeans). So perhaps you can excuse my boringness for these few days. I will be perking up shortly. I will let you and my boyfriend know when that happens. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..