The Trip to the magic change machine


I wrote a post some months back about a trip to cork where I bought a giant pig money bank. I'm sure you all remember it vividly. If not there is a picture of it above that should help jog your memory. 
The idea behind it was that I would be able to throw all my change in and when
 the pig filled up I would be rich beyond my wildest dreams. As you can imagine it hasn't quite panned out like that. Mostly because in the first few weeks I gave into temptation and raided the pig of all 50c coins. I won't lie to you, this happened on more than one occasion. In my defence, this always happened a day or two shy of pay day when I was really really broke. 

Okay so the real plan was that I would empty all my change in ( and not take the good stuff out again ) and when the pig was full ( just in time for Christmas, hopefully) I would empty it. Now I was not planning on counting up bags of change. I get quite enough of that counting tills on lock up in work. Instead I planned to march ( or drive ) straight down to Tesco's where they have a magic change counting machine that does all the hard work for me. Now I know the machine is not actually magic but I get really bored counting money and I'm willing to lose a few cent per euro to not have to do it. Plus I don't have to queue in a bank for ages. I also hate queueing. 
So I dump in all my money and it prints out a receipt which I can redeem for real money which is like magic really when you think about it.

This magic money will then be used to buy Christmas presents. It's not the only money I have for shopping which is good because it would be a tight Christmas all round. Presents from dealz and Penneys for everyone which I'm guessing would bring a different kind of surprise around the tree on Christmas morning. It will certainly help though and I can start piling change back into my pig and see see how long it takes me to fill it again. 

I headed to Tesco tonight after work with a backpack full of coins on my back, expecting to come away with maybe €40 maximum but I had €70 in change, so the machine really is magic. I was so delighted I went into Tk maxx next door and spent some of it. This time I swear I will not empty it until its full. Or at least I will try my very best. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..