A little me time

My boyfriend and I spend quite a bit of time together but every few days I sequester a night or two to myself. Stephen can usually tell when one of these nights is due because everything he does starts to drive me crazy. As someone who is naturally introverted, I need this time to recharge and to prepare myself to human again. Also I think it's good to not live in someone else's pocket (not literally because that would be uncomfortable. 

This week I have been especially ratty probably due to the time of the month coupled with my body's reaction to all of the foods I haven't been eating. It turns out when you cut out things like sugar, your body is kind of a dick about the whole thing but seeing as this isn't my first time giving this a go, you would think I would be more adequately prepared. Anyway to protect my sanity I took two nights to myself and became a nicer person for it. Trust me, we're all grateful for this alone time. 

When I had a night to myself I used to fill the time reading long into the night or rolled in a blanket watching tv shows. Lately though I have been doing housekeeping in my free time. If you are picturing me with my sleeves rolled up giving my apartment a really good clean you are wrong although it  could probably do with a proper clear out. I have been doing a much nerdier clear out, on my computer mostly. Monday night I spent a good hour sorting through photos. When my last laptop died, all of my photos went with it and I never got around to seeing if anyone could recover the information on the hard drive. So I sat down and trawled through Facebook downloading any photos I wanted to save and then moved them into appropriate folders. It was time consuming but rather satisfying at the same time. 
Having that done and taken care of, last night I was free to start on my pinterest account. Now I am sure you have heard me waxing lyrical on previous occasions about my liking for this virtual pinboard. In case you haven't and you are not a frequenter flyer on pinterest like myself, I'll give you a brief overview. First it's pronounced like interest with a p in front of it and not pin-interest which is what I have to stop myself saying by default. On the site people share images and links to other sites on a wide variety of topics and you browse through it pinning things you like to different boards. Mine needed a really good clear out so I deleted boards I was no longer using and just moved everything around. It took me ages but I got all of the satisfaction you would get from thoroughly cleaning out your wardrobe without leaving your couch.

The only downside to spending my night in like so was that my eyes felt a bit googly by the time I went to bed. And when I lay down to read, I only got a chapter in before my eyes started refusing to cooperate and I had to abandon myself to sleep.
On the plus side I did wake this morning an altogether more pleasant human being so it seems that night to myself was badly needed.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..