The secret of magic oaty bread.

Before I begin, here's a quick disclaimer. The bread is not magic and the recipe is probably not a secret. For all I know it or some version of it has been shared multiple times on healthy eating blogs and I just haven't seen it but it's new to me and I for one am very very excited by it.

I like bread, I like it a whole lot but bread unfortunately doesn't appear to like me a lot. This is something I've wrestled with a lot since discovering I'm gluten intolerant. By wrestled with I mean I have resisted the lure of regular bread but occasionally indulged in spelt and sourdough, over the years, and then suffered the consequences.
I've also tried many a gluten free bread but they are usually over processed and some what tasteless.  I have also tried to plan my meals without bread but I do end up missing it after a few days.  Then recently in work someone was passing around this lovely brown bread that I just had to try for myself.

So here goes. The ingredients are ridiculously basic and you will probably scoff at the notion that this will make a delicious bread but just give it a shot. It only takes a few minutes to make the bread ( a bit longer for it to bake ) and you'll thank me later.

Ingredients
1 large carton natural yogurt ( you can substitute this for alpro soya if vegan/dairy intolerant )
Fill the carton with porridge oats X2 times (use gluten free oats if coeliac )
1 tsp bread soda
Optional
Add a handful of sunflower &pumpkin seeds
2tbl Chia seeds
2 tbl flax

Mix everything together in a bowl and then pour mixture into a rectangular bread tin (lined with greaseproof paper)
Put into a pee heated oven (180 fan assisted) for 45 mins. Allow to cool and then try not to eat it all at once.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..