Muffin top is the new abs

The title of this blog has no basis in truth but its something I like to repeat to myself when feeling bad about my attempts to squeeze into jeans that used to fit me. It's a shame we are celebrating muffin tops because mine is actually quite impressive. Admittedly I am doing my best to lose mine so it would be a rather short celebration ( I hope). I've only recently become alarmed at my weight gain over the last few months. Before that my stance was to ignore and eat some chocolate when I started to feel really bad which is a lot of what has gotten me into my current predicament. I am here now though and I staying strong on my path be healthier.

The trouble with all of this is there is no quick fix. I know because I spend a lot of time on pinterest and I have looked. Even then I knew deep down that a healthy diet and exercise is the only way to a better body shape but I have been living in hope there's some secret way to get there faster that no one has told me about. Right now I am working on the being patient bit. I returned to the gym last Thursday and have done four classes since. I still spend most of the class trying to pull my gym pants over my belly but I am hurting a bit less after each one and looking a bit less like a tomato when I leave. I quit sugar,this time around last Saturday and gave up bread last Tuesday but it feels like I have been healthy for so much longer. Even though I am mentally there, it will take a while longer for my body to catch up.

I am ready to get there. To have visible collar bones again and a stomach that doesn't protrude quite so much. To feel less like crying whenever I try to get dressed. To actually being rewarded for my hard work and have more than the guilt of missing a class propelling me to the gym, Until that time comes I will keep on trucking, Baking my oaty bread, shutting my eyes and running past the chocolate so I don't accidentally buy some and pushing myself harder in every class until it stops mattering or you know my muffin top becomes more of a bun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..