Busy doing other things


I haven't written a blog in a few days now and I'm starting to think I've forgotten how. Every topic seems forced and every idea seems  half formed and in some ways I'm probably on the cusp abandoning this project all together but I  think tonight is just that sort of night. Where I feel blue for no particular reason and I might just curl up in bed and forget all the things I should be doing because I  am nothing if not the queen of procrastination. I'm back to work in the morning after a few days off and I have that terrible sinking feeling like a child returning to school after holidays are over. I am at the point in the week where there's too much week at the end of my money and I'm wondering how I failed so spectacularly at managing my money yet again. It's not that I am sitting upon bags of shiny new things but perhaps some of the over priced strawberries I bought were not a strictly necessary but they made up for it by being very delicious. It's easy to get melancholy when it's only Sunday night and you're living on €10 till Thursday and you probably wont be much better off money wise next week because you have a stupid doctors check up coming up.

So when I say I've been busy doing other things. It's not a lie or a half truth except in a way it is. I have been busy or tired the last few days but I've also neglected to put the effort into blogging because everything feels like I've already blogged about it and It's hard to keep things interesting when your life isn't particularly so.
I've been spending a lot of the last few days around small kids from minding my friends little girl to minding ALL (three) of my nieces and just hanging out with my friend and her daughter and it's involved a lot of making snacks; and answering silly questions and personal questions and trying to hide the fact that I'm laughing at something that wasn't intended to be funny, and making paper decorations, listening to songs both made up and disney being warbled out of tune. I've also being getting back into the habit of working out.
I very gladly finished a 100 burpee a day challenge early last week and did not grow to love burpees more surprisingly enough and I've begun a strength training programme because I'm not very strong and it's good to have an end goal even if mine is to secretly shred the fat belly of me in time for summer and sure it will be great if I get stronger while doing it. I've finally had enough cash at the right time to order my protein from the states so I should be less tired, cold and sore in a few days time. All good things.

And that's been my week. No Major excitement or upheaval or change. Just me ticking away ; living life, reading books. wishing there was time for naps, making far too many paper decorations that I now have no place to store and skillfully avoiding writing my blog. So if you thought you were missing out then you can rest assured, you weren't

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..