embarrassing injuries

Today I have been walking around work with the worrying feeling I've strained a muscle as every step brings a twinge of pain. Try not to laugh too much when  I happen to mention that said muscle is in my bum because even though it sounds hilarious. it's not and I know for a fact I strained it at my last crossfit class just before you get carried away and start thinking something rude. I'm a nice girl.

Not to whinge but I also have a sore foot. I'm pretty sure that's not actually a crossfit injury but a lot more to do with the fact that my mum bought me some boots recently in Tkmaxx and after first wearing them I realised the reason they felt funny is she didn't actually buy me a pair of boots but instead bought me two right boots and no left. Unless you turn them upside down you can't really tell so I've worn them a few times and haven't had the heart to alert her to her mistake. It seems however that my feet can tell if the blisters are anything to go by. Anyway I digress, this blog post is not about me wearing odd shoes.

I seem to bluster on with array of silly injuries from one week to the next. This is not the first time I've hurt the muscles in my bum and it probably wont be the last and for the most part aside from my wonky walk and the fact that I've chosen to put it in my blog, no one would know. In fact this is almost as bad as my most embarrassing injury to date which just so happens to be non crossfit related. If anyone's been reading my blog from the beginning they might just remember I once wrote a blog about the time I walked from Waterford to New ross which is 23km. I wasn't overly active but it was a sponsored walk for a good cause and being in my first year of social care, I was all about the good causes.
Anyway, like the dope that I was, my outfit of choice was cotton tracksuit pants with a t shirt and a hoodie and sleeveless jacket with cheap  non sports runners (i.e. not actually designed for sporting activity). Okay so you've got the general picture but you haven't heard the worst part yet. For some stupid reason ( not wanting awful vpl ) I wore a thong with my tracksuit pants. Yea, that happened.  It probably wouldn't have made much of a difference except on the day in November we had set aside for the walk it was raining a lot and there was a small craft warning because of the wind so I was soaked through before I had even made it over the bridge and by the time I made it to New Ross, many hours later, I could only walk on the sides of my feet and I had giant blisters on each bum cheek. Caused by my bare bum cheeks rubbing off the wet cotton tracksuit pants. It was in equal parts mortifying and painful.
I was so embarrassed about the whole thing I didn't go to a doctor lest I have to explain my injury and instead went to my local pharmacy and muttered something about having a sore on my upper leg (technically sort of true). It healed in a few days and I've learned from my mistakes. I have better workout gear these days and you couldn't pay me to go on sponsored walk again.

Not that I think of it my current injury isn't that bad and maybe I wont grumble quite so much the next time my legs are sore that I feel I might need some help to get off the loo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..