a wobbly moment

Today was my first day at the gym in about two weeks and I have never felt wobblier. I must have a very short memory because I am certain I was in much worse condition when I first started working out. I really did plan to go the gym last week but then I had that whole charade with my car running out of fuel before I even got out of the city and I wrote it off. Now I would love to tell you that it didn't really matter because I did my own workouts at home and I'm still feeling awesome but I don't want to start writing lies on my blog. I might just get completely carried away. During this so called break from exercising I may have made a few poor diet choices so let's just say I've looked better and I've certainly felt better. 
I really should be slimmer seeing as I haven't had sugar in over a month, I don't eat takeaways and I can't have wheat. Let's just say where there's a will there's a way because I have done the impossible and gotten tubbier in the midsection without indulging in any of the forbidden foods.

I have now gone beyond the point where I wistfully look at crop tops and wish I had the stomach flat enough to wear them ( not that I'd go out in public in a crop top but it would be nice to know I could) and straight into panic mode. Yesterday evening, instead of driving to the gym, which is what I would normally do the evening before a day off, I had a fitting for a wedding dress for this show next Tuesday ( the yearly wedding show we have in the bookshop) and it involved changing in this horrifying changing room where all the walls are mirrors several times before I found a dress that fit and this made me feel so down that instead of going to the gym, I went home to eat pancakes and wallow in self pity.

Unfortunately I've left it too late for even one of those awful crash diets so I'm going to have squeeze my squidgy body into the dress I've been given and make do with it. In a effort to turn over a new fitness leaf today I did actually make it to the gym this morning just in time to take part in a horrible workout that involved a whole lot of running up steps and me wheezing like I was on the verge of an asthma attack. As I don't suffer from asthma, I could assure myself it wasn't, it was simply me being very unfit and also sucking at running. 
I then went back to the gym (after our outdoor workout) and did my strength training like a boss. Later I took myself for a brisk walk up the road from my parents place, mostly because I was worried I'd fall asleep if I sat down too long and my parents would give out to me for having an afternoon nap. it still counts though and then to top it off, I went back to the gym for another workout. And I wasn't too beat all things considering. So what I want to know is am I skinny yet ? and more importantly am I going to be totally crippled tomorrow when I get up for round two.

I plan to try harder and ask for at home challenges when I can't make it to the gym and eat better and maybe soon when I run I wont feel like my belly is shaking like a bowl full of jelly. All is want is to be less squidgy. Is that too much to ask ?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..