Long and lazy weekend

I know, I know, of late I have become a bad blogger. I have been most neglectful. Sometimes I have stuff to blog about and no time to write it and other times I have buckets of time but nothing notable to blog about. It's tough at the top. After all no one wants to read a half hearted blog where I regurgitate an earlier topic or at least I tell myself this while I am thrown on my couch trying to muster up the energy to go get ready for that other thing I should be really doing.

To make up for my lack of bloggage I shall give the highlights of my week in this one super blog post and you will all be subsequently delighted that I have summarised it for you and saved you valuable blog reading time. Needless to say the highlights do not include my making a show of myself by breaking down on the quay and having to get pushed by strangers to the nearest parking bay. The night after all that drama I went to see a japanese film called patema inverted at Garter lane arts centre. It was this really strange anime about a girl who lives in this underground world and accidentally travels to another world above ground where she has no sense of gravity. It was brilliant and bizarre as Japanese anime frequently is but it's always cool to do something different.

The following night we had agreed to see a local band play and even though I was all tired and wanted a night in I went along anyway but ended up leaving an hour and a half later because neither the band nor support act had started and I was half asleep and more than a little fed up. I had himself get our money back because I'd be too polite to ask and then I took myself home to bed to sleep off some of the cranky.

And so my exciting social calendar continues . On good Friday our shop closed early which made us all very
excited to be finishing at 6.30 instead of 9.30. Good Friday, hells yea. To top it off, I had a party to go to. Okay so it was a five year old's birthday party but it still counts. It was actually pretty good fun and I made  a tiny cake for only two of us to eat as everyone else nommed into the regular cake. The downside to this is that I was up half the night completely hyper from all the cocoa in the icing so I was a very groggy girl come Saturday morning and maybe a bit high off lack of sleep once the groggyness wore off.

All well and good as I was getting ready to have an Easter egg hunt in work and spent the day wearing my bunny ear hairclips (which I rocked by the way) to set the mood. We had it on Facebook plus we had posters everywhere but I had no idea how many kids I was going to get. I spent a lot of Friday photocopying pages to colour in and making bundles of markers to hand out and we had a giant bag of chocolatey deliciousness. The event was a great success. Running an easter egg hunt in a shop is harder than you think. There aren't a lot of great places to hide eggs for one plus you can't really start hiding them until minutes before the event or else they will all get eaten before the hunt has begun. Being a pretty smart cookie, I decided to not hide all the chocolate and make up some goody bags because there are always some tiny folk that don't get much  and some big kids who clear the place out. It paid off. Everyone got some sweets and once the madness calmed down I handed out egg pictures to colour while one of the weekend girls started face painting and best of all the parents took all their tiny folk home before any real post sugar meltdown set in. Naturally the shop got wrecked but I soon had the place back in order and only needed a quick nap before getting ready for a night out in Tramore. It was supposed to be a Ska fest but I think they might have been overstating it. Don't  get me wrong it was a goodnight and all. If like me you were ensure of what constituted ska think Bands like the specials ( a message for you rudy) and madness.
And I had a few glasses of wine, listened to some good music and generally had a good time with my boyfriend but I can't say it felt all that much like a festival. We did however arrive home at a reasonable hour with some books we had acquired from the bar we had been in. Seemed like a win until I realised I'd already read them. Shame I couldn't take them back.

Sunday I woke up at ridiculous o clock with a terrible wine flu and feeling like I had a bad case of the dumb but I muddled through my hangover bravely. Even making it out to Dunmore with himself for a walk and the false promise of festival that wont actually be happening for another two months. Because I'm sound and it was a gorgeous sunny day (so well worth the trip out anyway) I decided to let that slide. Lucky for me, the rain didn't make an appearance until I was starting to wilt and I made it home just in time to have the most epic of naps ( about 2 1/2 hours) actually I'm not sure if its really a nap when it goes on that long but damn did I need it. I woke after 6 all happy and dozy just in time to get dinner sorted before a quiet night in and I think maybe I slept too much because this morning I felt like I was pasted to the bed.
Day 2 of wine flu wasn't pretty and involved a considerable amount of lying down until I was dragged out to Woodstown beach for a lovely sunny afternoon walk. Even better because now when the mother asks how I spent my weekend I wont get a lecture on staying indoors on such a lovely day and that's the main thing, right?

So now Im thrown on the couch in comfy clothes, mentally preparing myself for a return to work with not a
care in the world except for one little tiny thing. Some of you might know that last year we had a wedding show in the shop and myself and the other girls in the shop were models. Anyway I'm down to do it again next week so the dress fitting is really soon and after over a week of no crossfit and all the noms, it's safe to say I'm dreading it. I'll let you know how that goes, just watch this space


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..