Not another fad diet

I know I am great at getting myself super motivated to make really big lifestyle changes and then tailing off a few weeks in when I realise it's not really working for me. I am looking into going on a new diet and I think this might be the one. I am well aware I have said this before on more than one occasion like some sort of dope who constantly dates assholes convinced I'll be the one to change them. Well it's not like that at all. Now just to be clear I've never tried a fad diet for weight loss. I don't think my half hearted attempts to lose weight in my 20's count as that was more me trying to cut back on junk food than actually following a recognized diet. I haven't tried the south beach diet or the Atkins, the fast diet or the 5;2 and I am not sure I see the merit in any of them really because surely if there was one really good one that worked then we'd all be on it and there'd be no need for the masses that come out every year. I do believe I got sidetracked, what I have been trying to do is sort out my stomach problems on a diet I can live with and sure if I happen to lose some of this extra fat in the process, I won't be writing a strongly worded letter of complaint to the author but it's not exactly my main aim.

To date I have eliminated wheat from my diet, tried the low fod map diet and tried quitting sugar and that's all sugar including fruit and aside from the wheat one I can't say I've really stuck with any of them but then again nor have I seen the results I was hoping for. Even when I was being good or better than good, my stomach problems have prevailed to some extent and  I have scratched my head and wondered why this wonder diet wasn't working wonders. I think I might have finally found the root of my problem. It all comes down to the root of my stomach problems. I don't know if you have heard of candida. It's a fungus we all have in our gut except some people have excess of it and that's when you start to have problems. Now the naturopath I was seeing about my stomach problems months back did mention it but I kind of brushed it aside while I focused on other things but it was a comment made by the lady in my local health food store a while back that made me finally join the dots. It can be caused by a number of factors including a diet high in starch and sugar and a stressful lifestyle so I can guess where I got it from.  Some of the side effects include the stomach problems I've been experiencing, fungal infections, thrush, UTI's, tiredness, anxiety and whole host of other things I found myself ticking off on a big long checklist.

So maybe, just maybe this will be the one to fix me. All I need to do is take some supplements and then follow a diet that will help kill the excess candida bacteria, Simples, right? only it's not so much. From the brief research I've done so far, it seems that the diet is fairly extreme. For a few weeks I would have to cut all gluten, fruit, alcohol and starchy veg such as potatoes. I will admit it would be worth it to save myself the discomfort, the embarrassment and the pain I deal with on a week to week basis. So this calls for some research and a good, proper book that will tell me how to do this properly. I can put it on the bookshelf with the other books I have collected from the other diets I have attempted. It will look lovely and add some colour to my living room. And maybe I will bite the bullet and do this diet and who knows I could be a different woman if I was living candida free. 

Also just incase you think you might have it too or maybe you just want to know a little more about it. You're welcome , here's the link 
http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-8376/10-signs-you-have-candida-overgrowth-what-to-do-about-it.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..