Whose great idea was this?

So some of you might know that Stephen and I will be together a year this weekend. We decided to mark this event by going away for the weekend. As I am already broker than a joke your dad would tell, I decided we'll exchange cards only and that way we wont have to spend a weekend in Cork in a hotel room wishing we had money left to spend. Now in theory going away for the weekend is a lovely idea but then you factor in the chances that in November we'll be facing into some fairly miserable weather and we don't exactly have buckets of money to throw around and suddenly it all becomes a bit more challenging.

Now we have been to Cork a  few times. I like Cork, it's a nice city but usually when we're down we go through our routine of lunch at Milanos (nom nom pizza) and a walk around the city maybe stopping in H&M, Tk maxx, m&s food hall and any health food shop I happen to pass. Then we'll finish it off by seeing a movie in Triskel arts centre. This weekend we decided we would do something a little different, mostly because we're spending two whole days in the city and that's where it all gets a little bit troublesome. 

So we decided we would look online and see what the internet has to offer. Surely, I thought foolishly to myself, there must be a myriad of places in cork that we have never even thought of going to visit. I am not sure if I was mistaken in this assumption or if I have just been using the internet wrong but I went looking for all of these weird and wonderful places and I couldn't find that much at all. I think we might have turned up an art gallery or two and of course the English market which we probably would have visited anyway. 

What I did stumble across however is a whole world of inefficient and badly organized websites that seemed almost reluctant to tell me what's happening the weekend we are down as though it is a closely guarded secret that only locals can be privy to. I even thoroughly investigated nightlife and shows that might be on at various venues but didn't strike lucky there either. It seems mad really that for a city with so many theatres that almost all of them are devoid of offerings the one night we stay down. I am well aware that we could always fall back on the Irish favourite of finding a nice pub and drinking all of the alcohol but then I will probably need to spend all of Sunday in bed complaining that I might not be hungover but actually dying. 

I don't know if we'll keep looking or head down there and wing it, I'm sure you all know how much I enjoy that sort of thing. I am not saying I need a laminated itinerary but some sort of idea would be nice. If anyone knows of somewhere we should be going then feel free to let me know because winging it really isn't my style 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..