how to be a good wife -a review


How to be a good wife - emma chapman
quoted from the back cover 'Marta and Hector have been married for a long time-so long that she finds it difficult to remember her life before him. he has always taken care of her and she has always done everything she could to be a good wife. But when Hector comes home with a secret, their ordered domestic life begins to unravel, and Marta begins to see things, or perhaps remember them. In the shadows there is a blond girl that only Marta can see and she wants something'

a story that draws you immediately into Marta's world as you try and work out what is real and what is imaginary. Throughout the book I constantly found myself trying to discover the real story as it is difficult to decipher if Marta is going mad or is there something sinister going undetected.
Beneath the haze of anti depressants the truth seems lost and I will admit I rushed to the end in hopes of finding it.
It seems like there are crucial moments in the book where you are either been given a glimpse of another life or perhaps just hallucinations from the mind of woman descending into madness.
 a story that will haunt you long after you have finished reading it- a promising debut

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..