The fault in our stars-a review

the fault in our stars- John green
"Despite the Tumor shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, hazels has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeo,us plot twist named Augustus waters suddenly appears at her cancer kid support group, hazels story is about to be rewritten" ( the story As described on the back cover)

John green seems to have entered into new territory as far as young adult fiction is concerned. As far as the books written for this age group go ( I should know , I've read enough of them) most can usually be slotted into one of a few categories . we have the girly romance ones, we have your dystopian fiction like the hunger games and other in that vein and then there's girl meets vampire /werewolf sagas. But fault in our stars is different , the characters feel real and are likeable. It's funny and irreverent and also quite sad in parts but I liked that he didn't feel the need to sugar coat it or put a happy ending where none belongs . It's the kind of book that leaves me wanting to read more of this author.
A promising voice in young adult fiction

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..