paper towns - a review

The Blurb "Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificent, adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she opens his bedroom window late one night and summons him to join her on a ingenious campaign of revenge-he follows.
After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to find that Margo has not. always an enigma, she now becomes a mystery and soon Q learns that there are clues to be followed in his search for Margo"

So I seem to be on a bit of a run with the John green novels, I cant help it. He is one of the more interesting voices in young adult fiction today. His books centre more on characters than the events themselves but there is something utterly compelling about them. It's easy to see why teenagers identify with this style of writing and now I know what to expect I know I'll shortly be reading the two books I haven't gotten to yet.
I found I was a little disappointed in how the book ended but I feel it was a lot more to do with my expectations than the writing itself.
A book I'd be happy to recommend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..