Life is a rollercoaster (sort of)

This may not be the most accurate blog post title I have ever put together but of all the things I regret in life I am certain a misleading blog post wont make the hitlist. Today has been an up and down kind of day. Due partially to my very overactive brain and the noisy things that woke me last night, I arrived in work on four hours sleep and barely functioning. This also meant everything hurt way more than it should have because no sleep means my poor battered muscles didn't get a chance to heal. Surely they will heal in the next day or so and I will not be cursed to crab walk down my stairs forevermore like some geriatric old woman masquerading as a thirty something. This kind of tiredness meant I was way more uncoordinated and maybe a tad emotional for the day so sorry about that work folks but it's really hard to cope as a zombie.

Despite all this hardship, ( I jest) I muddled through the day as best I could managing to complete basic tasks plus a few extra activities and unless you witnessed me drop something and then have to lower myself onto the floor to retrieve it, you probably wouldn't have realised how truly buckled I was. I also made the grievous mistake of trying to mask how wrecked I looked and applied a shimmery product with my moisturiser. I was aiming for a dewy glow but I was shimmering like the sea on a sunny day but fortunately my co workers were too polite to comment on it.

I think the only thing that really kept me going was the buzz of the promotion. It was still sinking in because I was a bit startled by the news yesterday. I also began to realise that I should have asked more questions because once questioned about the particulars of the job by colleagues, it dawned on me that I really didn't know when I'd start, when my wages will increase, what my duties will be and if I will get to stay in the house I currently work in. It's hardly the end of the world as I will surely get answers to all of these questions in time. I have just been restraining myself from shouting I'm a Social Care Worker, Bitches ! as a response as that would be totally inappropriate.

I did get the unexpected treat of finishing work three hours earlier than expected (plus another day off during the week) because of the training I have coming up. I don't care what the reason is. I was only too happy to take it especially as the exhaustion kicked in. So I was home by 7pm and in my pyjamas a respectable 15 minutes later with tea and toast. Not long after that I was bawling my way through a particularly emotional episode of Nashville (don't judge me !). For a moment I could have sworn I too was grieving and surely had my boyfriend popped back to the apartment he would have been very concerned. That's the trouble with being an empath, I get wrapped up even in fictional emotions. I once had to stop reading the start of a book (The last days of Rabbit Hayes) in the hairdressers because of how teared up it was making me. I recovered once the show finished but now find myself worn out and ready for bed so I can start another day tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..